From Unified Remote
The Unified Remote Server for Windows is compatible with recent versions of Windows (x86 and x64) that have .NET Framework 4 installed:
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
Why .NET Framework?
Some people may wonder why we decided to develop the server application using the .NET Framework. Some reasons are:
- Easy to develop applications for Windows (our main target platform at the moment).
- Easy for other developers to create plug-in remotes (one of our main future features).
- A large community of cross-platform porting technologies and techniques (i.e. Linux and OSX porting).
- Reliable, robust and secure.
- Simply take it or leave it :)
The Unified Remote app is currently only available for Android 1.5 and above. We hope to provide Windows Phone 7 and iPhone apps as well in the future. However, we have a lot to do at the moment.